Help with your bill

If you are finding it difficult to pay your bill, we have flexible payment and support options to help you.

Financial hardship should not stop you getting essential water services. If you want to pay your bill, but need some extra time or flexibility, we can help you.

Our staff are trained to recognise and help customers in need of support, and to make sure that everyone who needs help, gets help.

Our help is confidential, tailored to your needs and is not means-tested. You can read more about our Customer Support Program.

To apply for assistance through our Customer Support Program, complete the application form.

Flexible payment arrangements

We understand that sometimes you may need some help or flexibility paying your bill. Our payment arrangements can help you manage your money. You won’t pay more if you set up a payment arrangement with us.

To talk to us about our payment arrangements, call 1800 808 830.

Sometimes it can help to have a bit more time to pay your bill. Depending on your situation, you can can apply for a one-off payment extension to give you more time to pay.

We’ll work with you to set up a payment plan so you can pay your bills in regular, affordable instalments. If your situation changes, we can change the amount of your agreed instalments with you.

We can also refer to you to a free financial counsellor if you need help to manage your finances.

You can pay your bill in advance to help you manage your money. Your bill will show how much you are in debit or in credit, or you can contact us to find out.

Centrepay is a direct bill-payment service for customers receiving benefits from Centrelink. Centrepay deducts payments from your benefits to pay your water bill. It’s free and you can cancel at any time.


If you have a concession card from Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, you may be eligible to pay less for your fixed service charges.

Rebates and grants

Customers in need of support may be eligible for government help. For example, a rebate to help reduce your water use, or a one-off payment to pay an overdue bill.

Referral to free financial counselling

If you’ve got a lot of debt and need help, we can refer you to a financial counsellor to help you to manage your finances.

Financial counsellors are independent, qualified professionals. They provide free and confidential information, advice and advocacy to people in financial difficulty.

Call us on 1800 808 830 and ask to speak to the Customer Support Team.

Family violence support services

We recognise that family violence is a serious issue that affects the health and wellbeing of our communities. If you’re having trouble paying your bill or managing your account because of your family situation, call 1800 808 830 and ask to speak to the Customer Support Team.

Our Customer Family Violence Policy provides more detail on our commitment and support to our customers.

If you’re overwhelmed by money or personal issues, you can get help. Contact one of these services for free, confidential help and support.

Beyond Blue
Information and support for anxiety, depression and suicide prevention for everyone in Australia.
1300 22 4636
Providing all Australians experiencing emotional distress with access to 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.
13 11 14
The national domestic, family and sexual violence counselling, information and support service.
1800 737 732
Suicide Call Back Service
24/7 counselling support to people at risk of suicide, concerned about someone at risk, bereaved by suicide and people experiencing emotional or mental health issues.
1300 659 467
Safe Steps: Family Violence Response Centre
24/7 specialist support services for anyone in Victoria who is experiencing or afraid of family violence.
1800 015 188