Careers & employment
Thank you for your interest in a career at Lower Murray Water.
Water is a vital resource and we provide a vital service. We’re also big on service delivery, positive relationships and responsible, sustainable economic development. If you share our vision to manage our water and environment for the future, then check our current vacancies.
Our services cover a large geographical area in the north-west region of Victoria and vacancies may be at Mildura, Robinvale, Swan Hill or Kerang. Our head office is located in Mildura.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from all members of the community.
For further assistance regarding employment at Lower Murray Water, please contact our People Team at the Mildura office on 03 5051 0789.
Lower Murray Water (LMW) provides water services to urban and rural customers along the Murray River, from Koondrook to the South Australian border. With just over 200 staff located in and around Mildura, Swan Hill, Kerang and Robinvale, we are responsible for servicing around 80,000 customers.
LMW is also the lead agency in delivering the Victorian Murray Floodplain Restoration Project (VMFRP). This project consists of nine discrete environmental works projects that aim to return a more natural inundation regime across approximately 14,000 ha of high-ecological-value Murray River floodplain in Victoria, through the construction of new infrastructure and the modification of existing infrastructure.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Safety Officer working a dual role between LMW and VMFRP.
About the role
As a key member of the team the Safety Officer will play a part in the effective and efficient delivery of Occupational Health, Safety (OHS) and Wellbeing for all staff and contractors.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Site visits, safety conversations and inspections of contractors
- Proactively develop compliance programs
- Educate and support the organisation to enhance OHS principles
- Ensure Safety-first culture is embedded through ongoing communication, consistency, clarity and commitment
- Manage key stakeholder relationships both internal and external
- Identify opportunities for improvement, consistency, and efficiency in LMW and VMFRP policies and procedures
You have an OHS background and you are looking for a unique opportunity to work across multiple teams, working with a group of experienced professionals and you want to make your mark on our environment and community whilst also developing new skills. To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- Professionalism with dealing with stakeholders
- Extensive experience in OHS/WHS
- Enjoy working in a fast paced agile environment
- Self-motivated and results orientated
- Demonstrated experience and practical knowledge of Health and Safety Management Systems
- Enjoy being involved in the daily activities of all teams, both indoors and outdoors
- Strength in building trusted networks, building good working relationships and influencing and shaping change
- A passion for questioning current processes and procedures and ensuring organizational priorities are implemented and adopted
- Must have the right to work in Australia
What we offer
- A friendly and inclusive culture
- Flexible working options that promote a healthy work-life balance
- Broad development opportunities and experiences
- Employee Assistance program offering free confidential counselling services to all employees
- Attractive salary package
- This role is flexible and can be part time/job share or fulltime.
Working at LMW will inspire you to be passionate, innovative and dynamic. The skills and abilities you bring to the role will be valued, in turn we are committed to fostering a high performing culture through continued coaching, developing and learning opportunities which will support an exciting career at LMW.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and diverse workforce and celebrate that everyone at LMW is unique in their own way. These unique differences create a culture at LMW that enhances not only our organisation but also the community in which we serve. If you think this role is for you, apply now!
To apply for this role please prepare a cover letter including responses to the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a Safety Officer at LMW?
- What skills will you bring to the role?
- How would your role as a Safety Officer impact LMW and VMFRP employees and contractors?
A position description is available below.
Email your covering letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 16 April 2021. Enquiries can be directed to Paula Bond on 03 5051 0789.