Visit a water treatment plant
Have you ever wondered how water gets from the river to your tap? Take a tour of one of our water treatment plants and find out.
We run tours at several sites across our service region, including:
- Seventh Street Water Treatment Plant
- Mildura West Water Treatment Plant
- Red Cliffs Water Treatment Plant and Pump Station
Our tours of these sites are suitable for:
- primary school students from grade 2
- secondary school students up to year 12
- tertiary students
- community groups.
Tours can be arranged for up to 30 people at a time.
How to book a tour
Tours are free.
You need to book at least 2 weeks’ in advance.
Tours generally run for 45 minutes to one hour:
- March to October – between 9am and 3pm on weekdays.
- November to February – between 9am and 11am on weekdays.
Tours are led by a Water Treatment Plant Operator and our Engagement Officer.