Saving water in your workplace
Tips and advice for water saving in the workplace.
Using water-efficient practices in your workplace can save money and water.
Check for leaks
- A dripping tap can waste up to 12,000 litres a year. If you see a tap dripping in your workplace, report it.
- A continuously leaking toilet can waste up to 96,000 litres a year. If you see a toilet leaking in your workplace, report it.
- Engage a plumber to check your workplace toilets, taps and pipes for leaks.
- Using a full dishwasher is more water efficient than washing up by hand.
- If you do wash up by hand, use washing-up liquid sparingly to reduce the amount of rinsing needed.
- Use a second, smaller sink or bowl for rinsing.
In the garden
- Install an automatic irrigation system for workplace garden. Set the timer to water between the hours of 10pm to 6am. These systems can save up to 15% on water usage.
- Water less often for longer periods.
- Raise staff awareness of ways they can contribute to saving water.
- Display water smart posters around the workplace. Contact us on email@example.com to request water smart posters.