Transfer rural property ownership
Request a transfer of ownership of a rural property and specify the water share that comes with the property.
A property ownership transfer specifies which water shares come with the property when it’s sold or changes ownership. This gives the new owner legal access to the water.
To learn more, see Selling or transferring a property.
How to apply
To apply, complete the Request for application to transfer (change) ownership of a rural property.
With your application include:
- a statement of water entitlements on the land – included with a property information statement
- your allocation account (ABA) number
- buyer’s ABA number.
Submit your application:
- by email – scan the completed application form and email firstname.lastname@example.org
- by mail – to our postal address
- in person – at our Mildura, Kerang or Swan Hill office during opening hours.
We’ll email your statement within 10 business days with requirements and applications forms.
If we need more information, we’ll contact you.