You may need a licence to use your rural water, even if you have a water or allocation entitlement. We manage water licences for the Victorian Government.


How can we help you today?

Surface water licencing icon

Surface water licencing

Apply to issue, amend or cancel a water-use licence (WUL) or water-use registration (WUR).

Groundwater bore licencing icon

Groundwater bore licencing

Apply to construct, alter or decommission a bore or apply to operate a bore.

Dam licencing icon

Dam licencing

You may need a licence to construct or alter a dam, depending on its location, height and capacity.

blue-bg-top blue-bg-rt blue-bg-bt-lf