Team Leader Environment
Utilise your Environmental Science skills and oversee all aspects of the environmental businesses operations and projects.
Lower Murray Water (LMW) is a water corporation providing services to around 80,000 urban and rural customers along the Murray River. Our service region lies within the traditional lands of First Nations Peoples, starting from Barapa Barapa (Koondrook), travelling downstream along the Murray River through Latji Latji (Mildura) and flowing to Ngintait at the South Australian border. With over 200 staff located in and around Mildura, Swan Hill, Kerang and Robinvale, our vision is for a healthy, sustainable water future.
About the role:
The team leader environment will manage a small team and oversee all the environmental aspect of all LMW’s operations and projects, this includes undertaking environmental assessments such as cultural heritage, vegetation, planning approvals, LMW’s annual report, Greenhouse Gas Emissions, etc. You’ll also lead the development, implementation and management of LMW’s Environmental Management System consistent with the principles of ISO 14001.
If this role interests you and you think you have what it takes, read further. We encourage you to contact us even if you do not necessarily meet all the requirements of the role. We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit for LMW.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and ensure compliance with the relevant environmental regulations and standards.
- Conduct regular audits and assessments to find areas for improvement and implement corrective actions.
- Undertake environmental assessment such as cultural heritage, vegetation & planning approvals.
- Annual reporting on Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Essential Services Commission, Natural Pollution Inventory, Environment Protection Authority etc.
- To inspire and motivate the team to perform at their best.
- Provide guidance, support, and constructive feedback to team members to enhance their professional development.
- Contribute to a safety-first culture.
Reporting to the Manager Water Quality & Environment, you will lead in the development, implementation, and management of LMW’s Environmental Management Systems. You will apply your experience in providing advice to reduce potential harm to the environment and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. For the delivery of wastewater, reclaimed water and biosolids to meet regulatory requirements.
In this role, you will ensure a high performing culture and continuous improvement mindset and working cohesively with other teams to deliver on outcomes. As Team Leader Environment, you will provide environmental expertise across all business teams, support internal stakeholders, particularly supporting the service delivery and operations team, as well as having input into infrastructure planning. You will play a crucial role in mentoring and managing a team focused on environmental compliance.
We encourage to you apply even if you don’t tick all the boxes. You may have other skills and experience which make you a great fit.
What we offer:
- A friendly and inclusive culture
- Flexible working options to support a healthy work-life balance for you and your family.
- A dynamic workplace where every day offers new and exciting ventures
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including an Employee Assistance Program.
- A strong focus on career and leadership development
- Attractive salary and employment benefits under our Enterprise Agreement
Working at LMW will inspire you to be passionate, innovative and dynamic. The skills and abilities you bring to the role will be valued. We are committed to fostering a high-performing culture through continued coaching, developing and learning opportunities which will support an exciting career.
How to apply:
To apply for this role please complete an application form including responses to the following questions:
- Demonstrated experience in managing Environmental Management System.
- Demonstrated experience in developing Risk Management and Monitoring Plan & SOP’s.
- Experience in management position in developing staff and creating positive supportive environment.
- Demonstrated experience in constantly changing regulatory environment.
Email your application form and resume to email@example.com by Thursday, 4 January 2024. Enquiries can be directed to Vijay Ignatius on 0477 098 455, or the Recruitment email address above.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and diverse workforce and celebrate that everyone at LMW is unique in their own way. These unique differences create a culture at LMW that enhances not only our organisation but also the community in which we serve.
If you require any help with your application, accessibility or reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process please don’t hesitate to contact our Diversity & Inclusion Officer – Steph on 0498 400 052.
Job Application Form – Team Leader Environment • DOCX – 0.05mb
Position Description – Team Leader Environment • PDF – 0.24mb