You are here > About Us > SMP2 Business case
BUSINESS CASE DEVELOPMENT
Lower Murray Water has now commenced consultation and engagement on the development of the business case for 'SMP2 Strengthening Sunraysia.'
SMP2 Strengthening Sunraysia project aims to build on the success of the $120 million Sunraysia Modernisation Project, which was completed in November. However, SMP2 is very different in its funding structure and what it plans to deliver.
We will be having discussions with our customers, irrigators and agribusiness developers during December through to March 2017.
The funding is being sought from the Commonwealth Government via the National Water Infrastructure Development Fund (NWIDF) and is on a 50-50 basis, with development costs shared between agricultural developers and government.
Timelines for the development of the business case are:
- Registration of intent (RoI) sought for agricultural development - 9th Jan 2017
- RoI submissions closed - 27th January 2017
- Priority Project Business Case submitted to government - March 2017
- Business case assessment by Government - July 2017
- Project delivery - to commence by late 2017/early 2018.
- At least 50% privately funded by agricultural developers
- Maximum of 50% Government funded - capital component
- Opportunity to give a cost benefit and water security for our in-district irrigators
- Agricultural developers will determine the location for development via the RoI process
Community Information Sessions - SMP2 Open Forum
Lower Murray Water would like to invite the community to attend our information sessions being held to discuss and encourage feedback on our latest project SMP2.
Customers can choose which information session they would like to attend and not limited to their relevant district.
Information session venues and times are listed below:
Irymple Masonic Lodge
Tuesday 31st January 2017 commencing 4.00pm – 5.00pm
Wednesday 1st February 2017 commencing 1.00pm – 2.00pm
Red Cliffs Club
Wednesday 1st February 2017 commencing 4.00pm – 5.00pm
Merbein Community Hub – Whitecliffs Room
Thursday 2nd February 2017 commencing 4.00pm – 5.00pm
Robinvale Golf Club
Monday 6th February 2017 commencing 4.00pm – 5.00pm
The Business Case:
What will it achieve?
A stronger Sunraysia via jobs, development, growth and cost reductions for our growers.
Our role as LMW is to deliver water, with new agriculture developments happening regardless. By delivering additional water, LMW can keep costs down for our rural customers.
How do I get involved?
Both customers and agricultural developers can be involved in discussions about the business case development.
National Water Infrastructure Development fund
Media release SMP2 Strengthening Sunraysia